Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Random May Musings

I've just read three romances which all contained the same thing: Tea and Crumpets, first thing in the morning. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I've been known to enjoy a good crumpet in the morning myself. But the couples in these three stories had second and third helpings, if you catch my drift, and never once left the bed. I just have to ask one question: don't any of these people ever have to pee?

A question for you writers out there. What happened to the poor adverb? Why has he been so vilified and abused? So he chooses to do things briefly, gently, sweetly, deeply. He can also live life torturously, dangerously. Is that any reason for editors to call him nasty names? Tolerance, people, tolerance.

I'm a very happy girl. For Mother's Day I'm going to get a two-disc DVD collection of Andrew Lloyd Webber's anniversary celebration at Albert Hall, and Les Miserables in Concert. WOO-HOO!! And yes, you snobs out there, I'm going to enjoy it even though it's sappy melodramatic angst and they sing the same melody over and over and over and over and over. Also on Mother's Day: I'm posting a 500 word flash fiction I wrote a while back on The Best Mother's Day Ever.

It pushes the envelope of Snarkling Clean, and I hope Missie doesn't mind but I'm going to post it anyway because she hasn't posted anything herself in awhile and didn't even comment on my dragon history lesson, so there. This picture is entitled What Sicko Designed This Ride?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

This IS sick!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hoot! LOL!

For Mother's Day, I want Narnia. :) Loved it. Your gift sounds great, too!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home