Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Ever Notice...Cute Guy Monday?

Ever notice when an older lady stumbles across a mystery and solves it, an inordinate number of murders start happening in her previously quiet, quaint small village?

Ever notice that news networks talk about how "real news" only covers hard-hitting stories, not celebrity pap, then pretend that talking to experts about the Paris Hilton jail phenomenon isn't really talking about Paris Hilton?

Ever notice how the heroines of historical romances are usually "a slip of a girl" that barely comes up to the hero's sternum, yet the hero gets hot and bothered over her long, long legs?

Ever notice that kids cannot hear you when you are speaking three inches from their ears, but if you barely whisper that you are thinking of going to the movies while they are downstairs with the computer and the tv on and you are upstairs in your bedroom with the door closed and the radio playing, they'll hear you?

Ever notice that competition shows (American Idol, etc.) only prove one thing: when America gets to vote, they're sure to screw everything up?

And since I haven't done this in a while, here's something worth noticing- from Desperate Housewives, James Denton.

































8 Comments:

Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

Okay, he's a cute one. But did you notice in all three pictures he's got the exact same expression? Weird...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

There are others where he's grinning, but I liked these the best. Me and my Alpha Bear bias showing, I guess.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have noticed all those things, except the romance novel thing, because I don't read romance novels. And I have noticed Mr. Denton, although I thank you for bringing him to my notice once more.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Now if he'd only shave...
Robyn, you have been named a Wench.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

I'm short, and I have long legs. (I'm short-waisted though, which sucks.)

4:37 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Oooh, Oooh, I got one!

Ever notice how some guy, like let's say, YOUR HUSBAND, who maybe doesn't have a weight problem, like maybe YOU DO, can do the same amount of physical activity as you in a certain amount of time, like let's say, MOVING OVER A WEEKEND, and he can lose a greater amount of weight, LIKE FIVE STINKING POUNDS, while you lose a small amount, like ONLY ONE POUND DOING THE SAME THING???? EVER NOTICE THAT OR AM I THE ONLY ONE??!?!?!?!?!

Sorry. Forgot to take my meds this morning. But thank you for my dose of Denton.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I'm a wench! Does it show?

DQ, I officially hate you. I have a short waist, short legs, short everything. I'm just short.

Missie, you have to finally accept the fact that you're a woman. Men ALWAYS win in this contests. Just eat your chocolate and enjoy it.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, well I've got the opposite problem. I'm 6'1" with equal length on top & bottom, so regular length pants & talls both don't fit. I spend an inordinate amount of time just trying to find pants that fit.

So, isn't it funny how no one is EVER happy with what God gave them? :)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home