Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Movin' On Up

Tomorrow is moving day for us.

Try not to be jealous.

I don't have the time or energy for a well-written post about the goings-on in our lives lo these past few months, so here are the main points to bring you up to speed:

1. Put house on market thinking it would take a few months to sell.
2. House sold in 3 weeks.
3. Used neighbor whom we love as realtor.
4. Could have sold house ourselves and saved paying neighbor whom we love eight thousand big ones.
5. Currently kicking ourselves over that one.
6. Thought husband's job situation would be resolved by now and we would be moving to some other locale.
7. Husband's job situation not resolved, so moving within a mile of current house.
8. Moving within a mile of current house in order to keep son in same school with same friends until we move to another locale.
9. Almost had to go on anti-psychotic meds due to trying to find house within one square mile to rent that had a) enough room, b) right price, and most importantly, c) no other people's pet pee stained carpets.
10. Found out that property management companies by and large suck pondwater.
11. Finally found rental house ACROSS THE STREET from son's school so he will be able to walk there.
12. Yay. Get to live in school zone.
13. Found almost THE EXACT SAME HOUSE AS THE ONE WE ARE SELLING.
14. Exact same house has 300 more square feet and a bonus room over garage, which will be my office. It's our house, only on steroids. And reverse floor plan. Much bumping into walls to commence.
15. Yay. Stairs. To my office. My legs should look great after this summer.
16. Little to no boxes packed due to husband's plan of, "We'll just load up the car, take to new house, unpack immediately since everything will go in the same place, and come back and pack more boxes."
17. Husband turns down help from all able-bodied male friends saying, "Missie and I can handle it."
18. Currently looking for new husband, see numbers 16 and 17.
19. Since MOVAPALOOZA 2007 wasn't enough to have going on, I also decided to celebrate the "Yay I'm Not Pregnant" Festival this week.
20. Much suckage of life to commence.
21. Also planning my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party to take place at the end of this month. Long Distance. As in not in my town. As in doing everything over the phone. As in I am the only one of their three children planning, executing, and paying for any of this. As in getting more gray hairs every day. As in "crap, what did I get myself into?" As in Happy Anniversary Today to my mom and dad since today is the actual date of their wedding but we couldn't do it this weekend since most people wouldn't be able to come. As in someone pull me away from my keyboard before I type anymore run on sentences that aren't making sense oh my goodness I have had too much caffeine and now need adult supervision and my daughter has a runny nose and my son has allergies and I want to go take a nap. After eating copious amounts of chocolate.
22. Wah.
23. The end.
24. The children say, "Send Help."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) I'm sending you a hug cuz you sound like you need it. I don't even know what to say...overwhelming comes to mind.

Good luck...it'll be over soon, right? :)

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you move, buy the house next door to mine. It's for sale. But no rush--houses around here aren't selling in three weeks!

Good luck with everything.

7:14 PM  
Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? From a self-proclaimed expert on moving (I've moved 11 times since college):

Movers are worth their weight in gold.

AND

Black 30-gallon bags make GREAT "packing boxes" because not only can you load all sorts of crap in them, but when you leave, they STAY ON THE CURB!!! It's great! No unpacking!

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::pat, pat, pat:: There, there. It'll be okay. Here's hoping for an easy move!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

When Roger wants an Advil and a backrub, just say, "You can handle it."

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend a Blizzard from DQ. Eat it while you haul boxes, and the calories won't count. Of course if you are moving and going up and down stairs all day long, those calories will be long gone anyway.

I hope you make it through!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

I love you guys.

Now come help me clean my new house. The one that the owner said would be "pristine" when we move in. The one with the dirty toilets and cabinets not wiped out and floor that's true color was disguised by a layer of dirt and grime. Yeah, that one.

Seriously, I have scrubbed and cleaned more in the last few days than I have in the last month, which anyone who knows me personally would realize THAT IS ALOT OF SCRUBBING!

We have the kids' bedrooms and bathrooms completed and set up, and the living room set up. Today we are working on transferring all the kitchen and office stuff. I should be able to come back to my for-sale house tomorrow afternoon and give it a thorough cleaning before we sign papers on Monday.

At least that's the plan.

Oh, did I mention that yesterday it was 102 degrees? And that today is expected to reach 98?

I will send a shout out to my husband though. That guy has been Superman the last 2 days, hauling, moving, lifting, organizing, etc. Maybe I won't look for a new one after all.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home