Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Brush With Fame

If you needed further proof that I am a dork, read on...

I love talk radio. I mean, luh-huh-huhvah talk radio. (No, not Stern, whom I think is a boil on the butt of humanity.) Give me Rush, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Dr. Laura any day of the week. I love listening to their unique points of view and those of their callers. So the other day, I am hanging with Laura while the Babester naps and she gets the following phone call which I will paraphrase for you:

Stupid Caller: Um, Dr. Laura, I was wondering how I could get my son not to be mad at me.
Dr. L: Why would your son be mad at you?
SC: Because I turned in his friends.
DL: What did his friends do?
SC: Well, they broke into our house while we were on vacation, stole money, trashed it, and had a big party.

People...I kid you not. I am not talented enough to make this stuff up. She wanted to know how to get her son NOT TO BE MAD AT HER??? Seriously, folks. It was all I could do not to hurl my radio across the room. So I sent off an email to Dr. Laura with my humble opinion of that lady and her situation...and guess what? She posted it on her website. If you want to read it and I were smart, you would be able to click on a linky thing and go directly there. If you want to read it and realize I am so not cool because I have no idea how to do a linky thing, then go to www.drlaura.com, click on Dr. Laura on Radio, go to the Letters from Listeners section, and click on "The Day I Turn in My Mom Card and Go Join the Circus".

If any of you want an autographed picture of me to grace your refrigerator, they are available for a small fee...;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

Right on, Girl.

7:29 AM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

Congrats! That's so cool...and yes, what is parenting coming to these days, when parents are scared of offending their teenagers, rather than do what is best.

Again, congrats on the letter getting published and I love the title!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Bernita, glad you agree..

Quirk,
I know. I can't believe how some parents are sooo concerned with if their kid is not happy with them. My parents? Yeah, they would have worried about me being mad for all of about 2.798 seconds, then hollered at me for being a goofballhead and wanting to protect my friends.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

OMGs I LOVE Glenn Beck! I used to listen to him every morning, I miss him so much.

I used to practically fall off my chair laughing.


Congrats on the letter!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

December,
I just love him too. He is so irreverent and funny. He just started a show on Cable News that airs at 7pm EST, I think. I don't have cable, so dangit, I don't get to watch him. But I still listen just about every day on the radio.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home