Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Life in Pictures


This sums up my last two months...

Moments of great joy and discovery...

followed by moments of wondering why I thought procreation was such a hot idea...


Easter was grand and glorious...





and I've lost a little more weight, so that's good. No thanks to the Easter candy I pilfered from my children...

But mainly, I have been so busy that I have met myself coming and going. Work is work, and while I am thankful for it, I sometimes long for the days when I had nothing on the agenda but laundry and a good book. Ali is work, and while I am thankful for her, I sometimes long for the nights when I could sleep longer than four hours at a time and awaken to the sounds of the morning birds chirping outside my window instead of the midnight howls of a pre-toddler (or, as I like to call her, a "poddler").

I am also in the midst of prepping for my trip to Chicago in two weeks for a work-related conference. Pray for me, y'all. This will be my first trip away from Baby. In fact, I have never been away from her for more than six hours at a time in her whole 10-month life. And I will be gone from a Sunday morning to Wednesday afternoon. Pray for my mom, y'all. She's coming over to help my husband with the chirrens while I am away. Hopefully, my daughter will be so caught up basking in the glow of the GranGran's attention that she won't have too hard a time with me gone. And pray for my husband, y'all. He is a great man, wonderful husband, and terrific father...but he doesn't always pay attention to how or why things are done around here. It will be a learning experience for everyone. hee, hee, hee...

So, if any of you have been wondering where I am or why I appear to have fallen off the face of the Earth, just wanted to let you know I am still here...physically. Mentally? Will get back to you on that one...I will let Robyn continue to do the fine job she has been so far with her witty, pithy, insightful prose, because my thought process? Has of late consisted of derrr, huh, wha-, and NO, don't touch that! In fact, this post is so lame that I am embarrassed to be sending it out into the ether, but am hoping that I can distract you from my dorkness by more cute baby pictures. I promise to write something meaningful soon...maybe... if I can catch a break... when all the planets are in alignment... Okay, I will write something, just don't hold your breath waiting for it. In the mean time, talk amongst yourselves. Topic? My adorable children...

5 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

Well, you distracted me.
Those adorable baby blues.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Missie, you just posted pics of the most important job you do. And you do it magnificently.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Rob,
Thanks. Your check is in the mail.

Bernita,
She does have pretty eyes, huh? Glad the hubster's genes manifest themselves...

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I could just smooch her and sop her up with a biscuit. So sweet! Look at those gorgeous eyes! And your boy is going to be such a hunky kid one day soon!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Thanks, Michelle. I, of course, think they are the most gorgeous children in the world, but I might be a tad bit prejudiced. But only a tad....

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home