Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mystery Puddles, Snow Days, and Cute Guy Friday

Okay, so something weird's going on at my house. The past couple of days, right before the blizzard hit, there were unexplainable puddles. Random, strange puddles in random, strange places. Not near a sink or a toilet or any water pipe that I'm aware of. The wall's not wet. The ceiling's not dripping. Nor does the carpet squish. I mean, we've got to have some kind of leak, right? And before you ask, no, the dog isn't leaking. It's just plain water. Unless someone's walking around with ice cubes in their pockets, we must have some ghost who got lost trying to get away from the wreckage of the Titanic.

And we have snow! Real snow! Five freaking inches of snow!! Why am I so excited about this, you ask? Because Oklahoma generally gets one good winter storm a year, and it usually isn't snow. It's ice. The closest we get to actual snow is charitably called sneet. Impossible to build a snowman or even a good snowball, it's worse to try and drive in the stuff. Our city has like three trucks to spread salt and sand- I have seen plows stuck in ditches. That's because no one here knows how to drive on ice.

You'll invariably be stuck behind one of two people: the idiot who thinks it's fun to tie water ski ropes to the back of the truck and tow his beer-soaked buddies on a sled behind him as fast as he can possibly drive, or the woman who is convinced that 'taking it easy on the road' means going FIFTEEN miles an hour. On the highway.

And of course, school's out. Which is a good thing, since our bus drivers have a hard enough time on a clear, warm day with a minimum of traffic. But 'snow day' for teens is apparently vastly different than 'snow day' for kids. Before, if they had a day off school so they wouldn't jeopardize their lives on the streets, they spent the whole day jeopardizing their lives on the streets. Snow angels...er, ice angels, hockey, iceball fights, you name it. I had to drag them inside to make sure they didn't have frostbite or wouldn't get hit by truck skiers. But now? I had to threaten and bribe just to get one of them to walk the dog, who was so turned on by the cold she spent fifteen minutes running around the house in a hyper fit after her constitutional. For teens, snow day=sleep. Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea.

And just because I feel like it, here's someone I wouldn't mind curling up on the sofa with on a cold, blustery day: Hugh Jackman.





10 Comments:

Blogger Missie said...

Thank you for the jolt of Hugh to get my morning off to a great start. He so pretty.

Had snow here too. Just a beautiful light dusting that covers everything and is enough to make some snowballs.

But the temp is freeeeeezing and apparently my girl has caught her first good cold of winter. Oh, joy.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Girl con Queso said...

Snow is to Fantastic as Hugh Jackman is to Hubba Hubba.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugh Jackman is a paradox: he's totally steaming scowling manliness, then he smiles and he's just a kid. It's crazy. But he is cute.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Hmm, I like him better when he's grim.
My age showing, I guess.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

I just like him when he's breathing.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Ditto.

8:44 AM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

I was all prepared to make a wonderful comment about the contents of your post, but then I scrolled by those pictures and *poof!*

There it went. Seriously, it's dangerous to put Hugh Jackman at the end.

No, wait, it's coming back now...snow. That's right. I like snow. Snow and Hugh Jackman. Oh, I give up. Happy weekend!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Looooove snow. And I get it so rarely. Snow = days off for me! :) Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man. I had a really good comment then I saw that middle picture and just lost all train of thought.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

I don't understand that pic either. But I too enjoy Hugh While Golfing in a Towel.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home