Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Who'd A Thunkit?

I have some really bad news for you guys.

I need you to sit down, take a deep breath, and make sure there are no sharp objects in your hands. Find a quiet spot and prepare yourself because I cannot be having anything bad happen to any of you just because of what I am about to share.

And maybe grab some Kleenex, too.

Are you ready? Ya sure?

Deep breath....

Pamela Anderson has filed for divorce from Kid Rock after four long months of marriage.

I know! I can hardly believe it! Because nothing says eternal commitment before God for all time like getting married in a barely-there white bikini with Just Married spelled out in rhinestones on the butt. I thought for sure they would beat the odds and last forever. Or at least until Christmas.

But it is such a good thing that they don't have any kids who'll be affected by this...

Oh, that's right. She has two sons, ages 10 and 8, from former husband Tommy Lee. (Can you imagine? "Yeah, my dad is Tommy Lee, and my stepdad is Kid Rock! Oh, and the entire world has seen vast portions of my mom's anatomy." No way will these kids need therapy.) And he has one son from a previous "relationship". Too bad neither one of them are taking their relationships with their kids seriously enough to be choosy about who comes into their lives and how long they stay.

So even though yet another Hollywood marriage bites the dust, there is still hope, my friends. We'll always have TomKat.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how long will TomKat last? I swear, Hollywood just doesn't know how to do marriage. I hold a lot more respect for actors who have been married for many years (e.g. Tom Hanks, etc.).

6:08 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

I give TomKat no more than 5 years. And one more kid.

I don't know which surprised me more, Pam and Kid Rock divorcing, or Britney and KFed...who is now known as FedEx. I mean, if these couples can't make it, who can???

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you prepared me, otherwise I might have fainted from the shock.

Tom has to stay with Kat--after all, he can't do that couch-jumping routine forever!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

WHAT?!?! They're divorcing?

*weeping*

At least we can look forward to videos of their honeymoon on the internet, right?

5:44 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Why did they bother getting married again?
Oh yes, it was luuurve, wasn't it?
Hello?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

I actually think this is a shame. I'm not a fan of Kid Rock's music, but I've always actually liked him in interviews and stuff, and he managed to stay very gentlemanly on Howard Stern a few years ago discussing Pamela, when all Howard wanted to do was talk dirty (as Howard always did).

And I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks her sitcom Stacked is actually cute (is it still on over there? It is here).

Yeah, they're both basically trash, but fairly likeable trash IMO. I get a kick out of people who basically say, "Yeah, so what?" in that fashion.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

December,
I agree with you that this is sad. It is very very sad that two people who seemed to be in love can't keep it together, for whatever reason.

But seriously? They got married in THREE SEPARATE CEREMONIES! One in St. Tropez, one in Nashville, and one in Beverly Hills, I believe. (not sure about the last locale). And this was only four months ago! So, they can say the vows THREEEEEE different times in as many weeks, but about THREEEEE months later, they are not keeping them.

And I am sorry, but Pam? If he had certain problems for the four years you dated him...and he had certain problems while you were engaged....did you really think that by having him say some words THREEEEE DIFFERENT TIMES that somehow, all those pesky problems would go away? If you date an elephant, and you are engaged to an elephant, and you marry an elephant, you cannot then complain that you didn't know you were getting an elephant, you thought you were getting the Taco Bell Chihuahua dog. I am just saying.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's really good is that they managed to have a wedding for every month they were married (almost at least). Somehow I'm just not surprised (snark)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Piper,
Thanks for stopping by. Following your observation, and considering I have been married for almost 15 years, I would have had to have 180 weddings by now to keep up with the Pam/Rock tradition.

Shoot me...shoot me now.

Planning and carrying off one wedding was quite enough for me, thank you very much.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home