Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Random Meanderings

You ever feel that your best posts are behind you? Especially if you spend most of your time fighting with Blogger and you have no idea how the post is actually going to look until you post it?

Sometimes I think I should write about writing, but so many people do that better than I. Or I should wax poetic about spiritual issues, but I don't want to get pedantic on a mostly humorous blog. I've got plenty of Mommy material, but do you have any idea how many Mommy bloggers there are on the internet? About 12 parsecs. (Geeky Star Wars in-joke. Groan or snort through your braces if you got it.) And romance review sites are growing like ticks at a Cub Scout camp.

Of course, there's always cover snark.








If you can't write a good joke about John DeSalvo's radioactive pants, there's something wrong.


And just when I think I should pen a thoughtful piece on the state of the world, I realize I'd much rather ask Which Discovery Channel Host Would You Snog?

Butch Brit Bear Grylles from Man Vs. Wild
Adorable supergeeks Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters
It Takes A Thief's dashing burglars Matt Johnston and Jon Rainey
Hunky-hunky-but-must-smell-funky Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs

I could do celebrity snark:




"Why exactly am I up here, again?"

But as I said, it's being done better.


At times I think I must be captivating, charming, and witty. At other times I find myself a victim of terminally arrested development. Do you ever feel like a living dichotomy, someone who can appreciate impressionist art and Verdi but still giggles at the poor schmucks who get whacked in the golden globes by their kids aiming for the pinata on America's Funniest Home Videos? Who am I?


Wow, that was slightly introspective. One might even say, kind of deep. I'm impressed. And totally sure that most of the pithy comments from my intelligent friends will include the votes for Most Shaggable Discovery Host. Which is why I like you all so much. You're like me. Flexible enough to appreciate both sides of life. We get serious when we need to, but most of the time we're Easy Like Sunday Morning.



Did you hear that, Mike? I'm eaaaaasy. Mee-oww. But take a shower first.

8 Comments:

Blogger Missie said...

I'm sure you said something interesting in the rest of your post, but I couldn't get past the radioactive pants guy. He has the same look on his face as my Alison does when she's constipated and comes up to one of us, grabs our arms, and grunts really loud.

Now THAT, my friends, is romance right dere, I don't care who ya're.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I go menage, with Matt AND Jon? That way you get apple pie goodness, and some done-time-and- been-in-a-gay-phone-sex-line-commercial sluttiness. All at once.

10:31 PM  
Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

I want the "Dirty Jobs" guy. He took off his shirt one week to do some dirty job or other and my mouth fell open. Chest hair galore; be still my heart. Plus he's funny, so that puts him over the top.

Is Radioactive Man supposed to be a romantic hero? It's amazing he looks so good considering he's engulfed in radiation and SHOULD be hairless and covered with oozing sores.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

I love this blog.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

Are you picking on Vince? Because Vince took a knife for Steve Buscemi in a bar fight once, you know. Vince is a GOD.


And also? "John DeSalvo's Radioactive Pants"? Coolest Band Name EVER.


You guys are so awesome...sigh...

3:56 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

My husband says the radioactive pants guy looks like he's a 34 in a 30.

Ha!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Mike Rowe. Without a doubt.

9:41 AM  
Blogger phsymom said...

OK while I like Matt and think John is fine; I will have to chose Mike Rowe RAAWWWWWRRRRR! The man is delicious!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home