Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

Something happened to me today.
Something so wonderful, so stupendous, so looked-forward-to.
Something I didn't expect to occur for at least another month.

I fit into my pre-pregnancy Ralph Lauren jeans.

Well, perhaps fit is too strong a word. I should clarify that I pulled them on, zipped them up, and closely resembled a sausage about to bust out of its casing. But the point is, they were on! And what was the first thing I did after I zipped them up? (If you guessed immediately passed out due to lack of blood flow to my lower body, you would be wrong. Close, but wrong).

I cried.

These are the same jeans I tried on about five days ago and couldn't get the button and button-hole to come within about four inches of each other. After that unsucessful attempt, I hung the jeans in the front of my closet as incentive and told myself that I would wear these jeans by my birthday in early December. Something made me want to try them on again today, so I did. Woo-hoo!

So, I am in said jeans, and go out to show my husband who hasn't seen me in anything but maternity pants since the beginning of this year. The conversation went something like this:

Me: (crying) Look!
Him: (confused look, trying to figure out why I am crying) What happened?!?
Me: (pointing to my pants) Look!
Him: (looking at my legs for signs of injury, and upon seeing none, looks back at my face) What, honey?!?
Me: (crying, pointing to my pants) I am wearing these jeans (sob, sob) and I haven't been able to since January!
Him: (still with the confused look) This is good, right? We're happy?
Me: (still crying but not hard enough not to be sarcastic) Well, duh! Yes, we're happy! These aren't maternity jeans! Geez!
Him: (wondering if our insurance covers psychiatric treatment) Ooo-kaaay. Good. Good girl.
Me: How do they look?
Him: (thinking carefully about his answer) You look really nice. I like your sweater.
Me: (loving him for trying to spare my feelings and not lie at the same time, which he's not very good at but he tries) I know I look like I could blow these things off if I have gas, but I am wearing them anyway! Alright?!?
Him: (slowly backing away with the children) Whatever you say, honey.

Poor guy.

After I poured myself into my jeans, I went out to a nice lunch with my friend, Jessica. The baby behaved in the restaurant and we had a great time solving the problems of the world.

All in all, it was a happy day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Congratulations! You go girl!

Poor hubby. "This is good, right?" The little dears.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

hehe Missie, CONGRATS! :) rotfl..I love your hubby's reaction. It made me laugh. :)

Jo

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I did the SAME thing when I fit back into my prepregnancy jeans. I called my hubby at work (after screaming hysterically with joy at home) and he thought I'd lost my mind.

But happy dance for you!! Way to go!!!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missie, I love you. Please know I say this with the utmost amount of love and sisterhood when I say, I HATE YOUR GUTS!!!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

I am going to take that in a good way, Danica! ;) However, please remember that just because I am in my jeans, that doesn't mean they look good on me, nor does it mean my shape is anywhere near where it used to be!

8:59 AM  
Blogger upwords said...

I have so had this conversation. My husband is convinced that we dress for other women since he rarely has a clue what I'm talking about. LOL
mary g

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home