Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Serious, for a moment

Please go read Bernita's Remembrance Day post. She says it much better than I. It's known as Veteran's Day here, but no less heartfelt.

My grandfather was a Marine in WWII, and fought on Iwo Jima. My uncle was a Marine who served in Japan. My cousin, career Army, fought in both Desert Storm and Afghanistan, and continues to serve today. My father-in-law served in Korea.

My thanks to all the men and women who have fought, and are fighting, so I can be free. You do nothing less than save the world. I pray Psalm 91 for you-

"His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you...for He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

Come home soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missie said...

Happy Veterans' Day to all who serve now and have served in the past. The fact we can have a place where Robyn and I can be as goofy as we want is testimony to our freedom and your sacrifice.

I am now going to call my dad, (career Navy, 20 years, who fought in Viet Nam and came home to the country hating him and his fellow soldiers) and tell him I love and appreciate him.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

Aw, this was a great post. Much thanks to your families who served. My great-grandfather was navy, my mom's father airforce, my dad's army..my dad was army & almost went to desert storm, but didn't. Cousin got back from Iraq a little bit ago, and a distant cousin is in the Navy current deployed. Many prayers.

~Jolene..

5:04 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Psalm 91 always comforts me. Thank you. I have a fierce love for all our soldiers.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandfather served in the Navy and fought at Midway. His war stories are amazing.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home