Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Talk Amongst Yourselves

My last post until the 19th, when I'm sure I'll be too high from the cardboard box smell to be coherent. Moving sucks! But this one's going pretty well. We moved all the stuff today that goes upstairs (why aren't there detachable walls and pulleys that raise your furniture to the correct room?) and we'll get the downstairs tomorrow. Then we get to take the rest of the week sorting out garbage from what goes into storage from The Scary Dark Mausoleum- otherwise known as the garage. At least we didn't have to get it all in one day- dragging a queen size box spring up those stairs kicked my butt.

Missie will keep you going until then, but I thought I'd leave you with this thought:

The 80's.




Don't scream in terror like you weren't there. In the 80's, you were either a good girl, or a good girl trying to look like HER:


God alone knew why. But the guys were different- at least the ones who weren't in a heavy metal hair band. They were so cute with their feathered hair and their ripped jeans. So I took this quiz to find my perfect 80's heartthrob. They said it was Jason Bateman.

Which is okay. But I've got news for them. I had a heartthrob in the 80's, and it wasn't Jason.

It was HIM.

Take the quiz and tell me who you got! (Sorry guys. This is kind of a chick post. Unless there's something you want to tell us...)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo. I'm so with you. Indy was, and is, one of the top drool-worthy heroes. Despite what Harrison's done to himself...left his wife, started dating skeletal Calista, and let his barber do his hair with a weedwacker. Ack. But I'm still waiting for Indy 4...hopefully it won't be as bad as Star Wars 1-3 (and if we're very lucky, Sean Connery will be there too ;-D ).

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and I got Jason Bateman too. Which is ok. I thought he was cute. But he's no Indiana.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe I got John Stamos.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

I got Kirk Cameron. So NOT who I ever had a crush on.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Jess,
Too funny. He has a beautiful wife, but I always thought she looked way older than him, even though I think they're about the same age. I had a big crush on Uncle Jesse, Luke Duke, and Magnum PI. Poor Mike Seaver never even blipped on my radar...

7:41 AM  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

80s heart-throb? Hmm. Maybe Debbie Harry.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

::grins: Too funny Missie. Yeah, whats funny to me is he still looks exactly the same. I doubt he's even older at all. haha. His wife is very pretty, and they've adopted kids from all over the world, which is pretty cool. :)

~Jo

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harrison Ford...drool...

I remember ripping a hole in the knee of my jeans so I'd look cool. My mother sewed it up. Grrr...

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah well, you just gotta answer the way I did..I forget how I did it..hehe.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Doug,
You have a heart of glass, my friend. ;)

Jess,
I can't imagine you or me with Kirk Cameron. We would chew up and spit out the poor boy before he knew what hit him. When he is 80, he'll probably only look 57. But isn't John Stamos about as far from our real life husbands as can be? That's just my observation.

Jo,
Quit being so smug just because you got Uncle Hottie, or I will be forced to sit on you and squash you with my humongus girth. ;)

Nessili,
Glad to see you back. I had a crush on Indy too, but to see what he has done to himself lately is sad. I saw him on tv the other night, and man, does he look old. Maybe the next film will have Indy solving the mystery of who is mixing up the old people's meds in the nursing home...

Michelle,
With you on the jeans thing. My mom was the same way. "Why do you want to ruin a perfectly good pair of jeans?" This week, my hub and I were in the mall looking in a very fashionable dept store, and the jeans they had on display looked like someone had run them over with a lawnmower. And they were only $98. What a deal.

Robyn,
Hugs and loves go out to you as you are in the valley of the shadow of cardboard. Moving does suck. Can't wait to have you back here with us.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home