Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Blogus Interruptus and Cute Guy Monday

Sorry it's been so long- life intruded. But the kids are back in school, the son's birthday is all taken care of...sniff...excuse me, I'm just a little emotional...sniff...my BABY'S turning thirteen on Tuesday...~sob~

Not crying cause me bebe's growing up. Crying cause now I officially have two teenagers. OY. Somehow you never think you're actually going to be that old, y'know? And don't get me started on walking down the street with my teen daughter and getting whistles. I turned to stare down the rude punk, and then realized it wasn't my attention he was after. Rather disheartening to face the fact: That Ship Done Sailed.

Go read December Quinn's excellent blog post. Even though I like a heroine who can slay her own dragons, I have to agree with Sherrilyn Kenyon: I don't much care about the girl as long as I've got an Alpha Male. PC or not, I want to read about a possessive sheikh. About an Italian businessman who has a smooth veneer of civility that shreds when another man comes sniffing around his woman. About a cowboy, a soldier, (oh, goodness yes, I lurve a man in uniform) a cop who will fight to protect what's his. And yes, about a knight who will fight for his lady's honor. (A knight can still be an accountant, you know. As long as he growls "You're MINE!" somewhere in the book, I'm good.)

And, just because I want to forget for the moment that I'm a 42-year-old mother of two teenagers ~sob~ who doesn't get whistled at unless I'm blocking a parking space, enjoy with me the Alpha possibilities of Law and Order: SVU's Christopher Meloni.




10 Comments:

Blogger Bernita said...

~Boopsie moment~
Now that's a Maa-un!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

Aaaw! You mentioned me! *blush*


Mmm...I do like me some Meloni.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I heartily concur, Bernita.

You're very worth mentioning, DQ!

Hmmm...just realized your initials spell my favorite ice cream place. :P

5:29 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

You know, my first job ever was at a Dairy Queen? The coincidence didn't strike me until I'd already "gone public". :-) So now I'm stuck with the shadowy hints of frosty Blizzards and Peanutbuster Parfaits wherever I go.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...what a way to end a post. Even as a homicidal gay prison inmate he was hot.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

What have I missed out on? When was he a homicidal gay prison inmate? What episode was that?!?

Geez, take a blog vacation for a few days (cough cough--okay a few months!) and look what happens.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

She's referring to a different show altogether- "OZ." Prison show on HBO or Showtime, I think.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

'mkay...cuz I was getting worried. You know, with him bein' all Mister Special Victims' Unit and then flippin' sides like that. Ain't right. Just ain't right.

Tell me this. What guy in the real world who looks like CM with the male pattern baldness would we think is that hot? I think we think he's an adorable hunk of adorableness because we've seen him act as THE ALPHA MALE defender of the defenseless, seeker outer of the bad guys, locker upper of the criminals, etc. But I did like him in Runaway Bride, too. Whaddya think?

7:08 PM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

In Runaway Bride, all I think of is when Julia and Richard kiss at the REHEARSAL and Joan Cusack screams like any best friend would and CM is all "Honey, I know you didn't mean it but *turns to Gere* what heck were YOU doing?"

I love that part.

But, anyway, yes, alpha-maleness. I agree. Some guys, balding or not, just ooze it. It's underneath or inside somewhere. Actually I think all guys have it, just some more than others. Men have to be MEN you know?

2:39 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Wyatt said...

Okay you two, I just wanna know why you've been MIA from the Steeple Hill message boards for so long, huh? Huh? Huh? I really miss you guys over there!

Love your blog.

Cheryl Wyatt (Squirl)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home