Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Friday, September 22, 2006

And the winner is....

First off, let me thank everyone who played our first ever Really Obscure Movie Lines Trivia Game. Some of your guesses were way off, but pretty funny. We will be doing another contest in the next few months (no, I am not sure when, who are you, my mom? Gosh!) The quotes for particular game were chosen mainly because I either own these movies or have seen them 456,000 times, so I pretty much have them memorized.

The winner of our contest is....Nessili! She was the first one to get 12 right. Our first runner up is Ozz at Large, aka Terry, husband of one of my best buds. In the event that Nessili cannot fulfill her obligations as the ROMLTG Queen, Terry will be allowed to fulfill her term. Nessili, please send me your snail mail address at melissa974@earthlink.net, and I will get your prize out to you right away.

The two quotes that everyone kept guessing but getting wrong were #12 and #14. Number twelve was "I do not know something about cars, I know everything about cars" which comes from Inspector Clouseau. The original, as in Alan Arkin in the title role, released in 1968. I really didn't expect anyone to know this one, and only put it in because my husband quotes this all the time. It is one of his favorite movies. Yeah, no accounting for taste.

Number 14 is from "A Mighty Wind" and is found in a deleted scene. If you have never seen this movie, RENT.IT. You will not laugh constantly, and may even need to see it twice before getting some of the jokes, but it is truly hilarious. The deleted scenes are especially funny.

My husband and I had a conversation the other day that went like this:
Me: You know, we have a weird collection of movies.
Hub: Yes, we do.
Me: What's even weirder is that we know so many lines from these movies.
Hub: Yeah. Scary. We're nerds.
Me: How long do ya think before the kids figure out their parents are a couple of geeks with bad taste in movies?
Hub: I think Z is already aware of that. We've got a few more years before Ali knows. She still eats dirt.
Me: Good point.

Anyway, said all that to say, next movie trivia game may have some of the same titles in it, or maybe not. Just depends on what I feel like, GOSH! (and yes, the family has the whole Napoleon Dynamite movie memorized. My kid can't remember that I said to clean up his room, but he can run around quoting Uncle Rico. Lucky me.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Alan Arkin? Don't you mean Peter Sellers? He was the original Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther movies.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

No, Alan Arkin was the Inspector before Peter Sellers took over the role.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never won anything like this before :D Honest. (And they say cheaters never win--no, let me rephrase that. I didn't cheat. I used my computer skills to search out the answers.)

Alan Arkin? Really. I think Peter Sellers did a better job, or at least a more memorable one.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Sorry, Missie. See Wikipedia. The Pink Panther, starring Peter Sellers as the Inspector, was made in 1963. Inspector Clouseau, starring Alan Arkin, was made in 1968.

That ought to be good for a breath mint or something, right?

6:13 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Um, okay. I concede to your vast knowledge. I always thought that the Alan Arkin movie was the first in the series.

But anyway, the line came from the Alan Arkin movie that was made in 1968, regardless of who did what first.

Your breath mint is in the mail.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know, I haven't seen Napolean Dynamite? I feel culturally deprived. Now stop throwing things at me! I'll get to Blockbuster, promise!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it either, though my best friend and her husband have been quoting it at me for ages.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home