Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Random President's Day Musings

Sorry for the absence. I've got 2 kids who are now in a fund-raising flurry because they've decided to go on the youth group mission trip to Mexico this summer. $1,000 a piece, not including passports and extras. So they're shaking down friends and relatives, and signing up to work at the group garage sale; every shift they work will be credited to their account. I really, really want to see them go- it's an amazing experience to serve people, to pray with them, and to travel. And Gary and I will have a week to ourselves.


I HATE spelling errors in books. I can take clunky grammar, but bad spelling drives me nuts. So why do I like this paragraph?

fI yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can. i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghi t pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.


Y'know, it must be difficult to have been trained for stardom since you were a zygote. To have your childhood, cute moments and gawky ones, paraded on the Mickey Mouse club and Star Search. To go from a cute girl in a slightly naughty Catholic School uniform to stripping and swabbing tonsils with aging icons on international television. Two marriages; and you should have stuck with the first one. In the second, you showed your complete lack of class on a reality show- or perhaps you were just going back to your banjo picking roots, who knows? After the inevitable divorce, you had to know the slimy photographers would be on your tail. You respond by showing them your front. ALL of your front. And on top of that, you nearly drop your baby when you weren't endangering him in the car. But at this point-


wouldn't you have thought getting tattooed and shaving your head would have been a Letterman/Leno punchline?

8 Comments:

Blogger Missie said...

The doctor told her this was the only surefire way to get rid of the lice she picked up from Kfed.

My first thought when I saw this was, "WHERE IS THIS CHILD'S MOTHER? AND WHERE ARE THIS CHILD'S CHILDREN?" Someone who knows Brit, please take her in hand and get her some help.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I feel sad for her. I hope she finds the love and attention she's looking for in Jesus.

10:37 AM  
Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

Well, now we know for certain, she's really a BRUNETTE. And, sadly, her skull can't hold a candle to Sinead O'Connor (what are all those dents?).

Keeping my fingers crossed for your kids (and the inevitable upswing in your romantic life that their absence will cause...). It sounds like a fulfilling journey.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

That was my first thought, Missie. I told my hubs she'd shaved her head because of the cooties.

Seriously, I feel awful for this girl. She can't help being trash.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hi, solshine. I agree, Brit needs some supernatural peace.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Wylie Kinson said...

This girl needs her mother. Hell, she needs a whole intervention. But I feel sorry for her. It can't be easy being the punchline of every joke for the past couple of years, judged on your talent, mothering skills, and your choice of husband.
Sad.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

I think she need a bitch slap.

4:33 AM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

I third that Robyn and solshine. Only Jesus knows what's going on inside her. They can rehab her and psycho-analyse her and tell her it was all from her childhood, but she needs to know that Someone really knows and understands.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home