Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day, Old School

I've had a lot of photo essays since beginning the blog. Most popular have been the "cute guy" posts, so I thought for Cupid's Day Out I'd put a new spin on it.

Have you ever thought about how much leading men have changed over the years?

From the smooth and suave yet manly men of the 30's and 40's...





to the powerful anti-heroes of the 50's...







the complex charmers of the 60's...






the ultra macho men of the 70's...






and the nice guy heroes of the 80's.






I love them all. And since I've never really grown up, I'll be the one to embarass myself and wish everyone a Happy VD!

14 Comments:

Blogger Stacia said...

Happy VD to you too!

Ah yes...the men, how lovely they are, and how they have changed...

2:31 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

I LIKE men.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

Ahhhhh Cary Grant. Love those early hunks. Great pics.
And Bernita, I like men too. *sigh*.
Happy Valentine's Day.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Yummmmmmmm, pretty.

I'll have you know I was going to marry Tom Selleck.

But then he got all impatient, something about me needing to grow up because I was nine and he needed a woman close to his age and blah blah blah.

I still think he carries a torch for me.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

As you keep reminding me, Missie, I'm older than you. I was 15 and thus MUCH more likely to marry Tom. Sorry to burst your little bubble.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Excuse me, but did you have a Hawaiian shirt you wore around the house while watching Magnum PI because you just KNEW that somehow Tom would know you were wearing it? Hmmmm? No, I didn't think you did.

Don't mess with me....or Tom. I will hurt you.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Silly girl. I was at least able to fill out my bikini and stay out late when he came for me in the Ferrari. Keep dreaming.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

That's it. I am calling Higgins and he will open up a can of whoop-hiney on you.

2:48 PM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

*takes advantage of the bickering over Tom and quietly sneaks out the back door with Indiana while nobody is looking*

11:25 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hey! Get back here!

I'm so going to need my dvd's of the REAL Indy movies. He's planning on another even though time, that fickle witch, has not been kind. Watching Indy break a hip is not my idea of fun.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost met Tom Selleck. He heard me throw up once.

Long story.

12:46 PM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

I'll bet it worth hearing.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Indiana Jones is so cute. Good list!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Wylie Kinson said...

I was with you up to Selleck. I've never liked bushy mustaches... but the rest of your hunks, I'll take one of each, please!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home