Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Monday, April 16, 2007

I’m A Grumpy Old Blogger

I’m grouchy. No big surprise there. And here are but a few of the reasons.

1. PeoPle WhO iNsiSt oN tYpiNg tHIs wAy. Seriously, is there any reason for it except to annoy the crap out of me? Good luck getting a job, there, slick. My only hope is the fact that your human resources person is going to have a heck of a good laugh when he throws your ReSuMe in the garbage.

2. People have implanted their frigging cell phones in their frigging ears. It wasn’t bad enough to try to talk to someone who wouldn’t end, or at least suspend, his conversation to give you an intelligible food order because he’s convinced he is just. that. important. But now, the tiny hands-free models have given me a parade of demented people who seem to be having discussions with themselves, the door, or the lamppost. I’m irritated because now I can’t tell if they are on their cells or actually crazy.

3. Hollywood has no new ideas. It gives me 875,679 sequels and rip-offs of a movie that really wasn’t all that wonderful to begin with, or I’m forced to watch a spastic straw-haired penguin dancing to old 70’s tunes and call it innovative. C’mon, Hollywood! You have the (supposedly) most talented people in the world AND a kajillion dollars. Come up with something!

4. The lady who came into our shop last Friday who could not understand that a little sandwich place inside a convenience store that bakes its own bread fresh couldn’t keep up with the demands of some mini-Nascar go-kart fanatics that descended en masse on us. Yes, we ran out of white bread before the next batch was baked, and you had to eat (horrors!) wheat bread. With an entire city two miles away that has real, live restaurants, you had to come to our tiny little shop and give us the stinkeye? Screw you. Have your international go-kart competition somewhere else. Preferably someplace where a testy chef can yell at you.

3 Comments:

Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

" 'Tis better to have grumped and blogged than never to have grumped at all."

And about #2: Yes, they are crazy.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand people who are never grumpy. I think it's a disorder, I really do.

I love this post.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

I love this blog.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home