Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Don't Make Me Come Over There

It appears that y'all have forgotten that we have a contest going...to date I have received ONE, count it, ONE entry. To review:


The prize is an autographed copy of Marilynn Griffith's book, Made of
Honor. I just finished reading it, and it's fabulous. I appreciate how Mary kept her characters real- they fall down. They sin. They pray, get up, and go on. No plaster saints here; and breaks in the relationships (family, friends, or lovers) are not easily solved with one heart-to-heart conversation. I'll admit I was screaming "Uncle!" towards the end for our heroine, Dana; how much does one woman have to go through? But there are some deliciously satisfying moments. In one, even though Dana and her sister are still estranged, they sing at church together. Dana doesn't want to do it and I don't blame her. But God meets them at the point of their need- and I'll tell you the truth- tears came pouring down my face. I had to put my hands in the air and worship with them. But here's the best part: everything isn't hunky-dory after that. It's a start, a great one, but Dana still has to walk it out. This has to be one of the most realistic portrayals of Christians I've ever read, and I loved it. Go to Mary's site to read more about it.

The contest is pure Snarkling Clean. You write an original romance novel title, with a one or two sentence blurb. For instance:

The Homey and the Hoochymama- He wanted easy money. She was just easy.

Room with a Viewmaster- How could she resist a man with slides of Disneyworld?

She gave up her heels for...The Love of Napoleon. Now that he was taller than she, they might have a chance...

Or something like that. You can either post your entry in the comments section of any blog entry until Dec. 15, or email me at robwriter6@sbcglobal.net. We'll publish the winner, along with our interview with Mary, on December 28. Come on, don't let our lone entrant win by default. Make her work for it. Put your snark hats on and send us something!

38 Comments:

Blogger Missie said...

Wasn't The Love of Napoleon done already? I think it was called "Tom and Nicole"...or wait, was it "Tom and Katie"? Or maybe, "Tom and Any Girl Over the Age of Nine"?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Robyn, I tried.
They just come out to...welll...dirty.
Like the Lamplighter and the Lush...He just wanted to dip his wick... but they both went up in flames.
Now, you can see why I haven't sullied your ears..

12:37 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Bernita!
**snort, snort***

3:59 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

ROFL! I can't come up with things any funnier than you guys. I'm too uncreative. Well, let me give it a go.

"Jump-Start My Heart" He was a doctor. She was dead. Their love was doomed.

"Come Back To Me, My Love" The chiropractor's worst nightmare--his clinic skeleton came to life, in love and hot to trot.

Dang, those are bad. And they actually took me time to think of. I'll crawl back into my hole.
Camy

5:13 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

How about the Horseman and the Hostess?
He was "hot to trot" but she wanted a stable relationship?
It's all Camy's fault.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

rotfl I love it. YAY more entries. mine was so lonely. I should think of another one..but its 7 in the morning and my brain doesnt work quite yet. Gimme some time. haha.

Jo

4:08 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Bernita,
**snort, snort** again!

Camy,
ROFLOL! I love the "she was dead" part.

Jess,
Glad to see you are back. Should we let Terry in on the contest, or are we afraid of what he might come up with?

Jo,
I know what you mean. I need lotsa caffeine before I can go here.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

how about...

The Dentist..she didn't want him digging in her molars, or her past.

Cheezy I know..but I'll think of something. I dont drink coffee, so I dont have anything to wake me up. haha.

Jo

12:08 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Cami owns this one too.
"Jump-Start-My Heart". Great title.
He was a doctor...she was dead...but something sparked between them.... or their love was electric...or a shocking affair...

1:13 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

The Hypochondriac and the Hypnotherapist...He wanted her on his couch, but did he want her in his heart?


Mine can be really crappy, because I already have the book! ;)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

ROTFL Jessica.

I love this group haha.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

"The Janitor's Jezebel" -- She'd made a mess of her life, and he was there to clean it up.

XRated Technician -- She could see right through his facade, and when the power went out, sparks flew.

Hope that wasn't too blue for this site -- I'm only working on one cup of tea here.

3:57 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Ohmygoodness, my sides hurt from laughing so hard. "The Janitor's Jezebel"....oweee. My husband even laughed at that.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

rotfl I'm dying..literally..dying. HELP..haha.

7:44 AM  
Blogger upwords said...

You guys are TOO funny!

Marilynn G.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

Rotfl..again..ack..I need to be doing dishes, but I'm not.haha.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Terry,

Jess is gonna kill you if you end up being a winner!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Okay, Roger, my husband, thought this one up:

"The Ice Fisherman and the Keebler Elf--all he wanted was a nibble, but she kicked him in the ice hole."

Yeah, he cracks himself up.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Another one courtesy of Roger:

"The Baker and the Mathmetician: All he wanted was a piece of her pie R square."



y'all are jealous that he's all mine, arentcha?

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are a scream!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

I love this blog.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Butcher and the Vegetarian

He offered her his meat, but she wanted his banana instead.

I know I know, I tried so hard to be good, but Im hopeless.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Chauffeur and the dominatrix.

He wanted to take her for a ride, but she wanted to drive.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

You guys are killin' me, here. How are we supposed to choose?

Maybe if someone came over and did my cleaning, laundry and baking, I might feel more inclined to, say, look favorably on that person's entry. I'm just sayin.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Eunuch and the Virgin.

Impossible love, impossible odds. Will their love find a way in?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Sharon,
You are evil and must be stopped!
**snort, snort***

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok one more and I'll stop.

The carpenter and the alchoholic.

He wanted to nail her, but she got hammered instead.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

ROTFL I'm dying. ::shakes head: you guys are terrible.

Jo, off to boil her eyeballs. haha.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Terry,
Thanks, but if I wanted someone to hide stuff and call it clean, I'd get my 9 year old to do it. :) Does your pawn shop accept crankybutt 6 month old babies? How much could I get for her?

Rog and I need to get together with you and Jess soon.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crying over here....

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The seamstress and the schizophrenic.

Their love made them come apart at the seams.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

ROTFL!!!SHARON!

~Jo
BTW, there are still slots open in Jolene's Jolly Daycare Service. haha. You can mail your cranky baby to...

j/p

7:13 PM  
Blogger Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

The Amnesiac SEAL and the secret Billionaire Princess -- Marketing said they were perfect for each other, but he couldn't remember why.

Hide and Sheikh -- can a middle eastern potentate on the run find true love with a struggling single mom in a small town?

4:09 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Anna,
Hide and Sheikh is wonderfully, horribly awful. You better hope that Harlequin doesn't hear about your idea or they will make it into a series. ;)

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm laughing so hard I almost peed myself. :) This is so cool.

My brain doesn't allow me to be as creative as you...which is why my WIP doesn't even have a title. *sigh* Yours are great though! I'm jealous.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Anna, only if he's called Sheikh yer Booti....

4:22 AM  
Blogger Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

You know, this could happen.

Sheikh, Rattle and Roll (hmm, must be a baby book, with the "rattle" bit there)

Sheikh-en and Stirred

The Pasha and the Professor -- when Sheikh meets Shakespeare

Laura of Arabia

The Sheikn and the Soccer Mom

6:27 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Anna,
You must stop or I will strain something! :)

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home