Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Girl

Exactly how lame does a person have to be in order to promise a friend that she would start a blog with said friend and then never ever post because her stinking work takes up too much of her time, that is what time is not already devoted to wiping up copious amounts of drool? Pretty dang lame, lemmetellya. So in an effort to hold up my end of the blog and give my buddy a rest, I hereby post what you all have so anxiously awaited...pictures of the cutest baby girl ever in the history of ever and ever. (Keep in mind that in addition to being SuckyBlogBuddy of the Year, I am also TechnoDorkWoman and have only a somewhat vague idea how to post pictures to the blog. You may end up with photos of some junk my husband is selling on eBay instead of my adorable Miss Adorableness. Just FYI).


That is Alison Noelle when she was 2 days old, fresh home from the hospital. As you can see, we had yet to unpack her diapers, burp rags and spare onesies from her cheeks. Nice of her to offer to cart them home for us. In answer to your next question, 8 pounds, 13 ounces. And no, I am not kidding. And no, she wasn't radioactive..just a touch jaundiced. Which is only exacerbated by her yellow outfit and blanket. Because her mom's a dork.


This is the first time her big brother Zachary ever held her with some help from Grammi, my husband's mom. He's either gazing with love upon his sister's sweet face, or trying to figure out what she did in her short life to warrant being punished by wearing such a goofy hat.




Here she is at one month old, already growing into her cheeks and showing signs that she has chosen her future career. This look is called "Blue Steel."












Twice the cuteness for the same low price.















Here she is with her Tigger that Uncle Terry (ozzatlarge) bought her in her seat of honor in the kitchen. From this lofty perch, she supervises the cleaning of the dishes and the preparing of the food, never hesitating to let her wishes be made known by loud, high pitched squealing that can make blood leak from your ears. If the model thing doesn't work out, she has a fallback career as a car alarm.








Here she is at five months old, lying on our cheap JCPenior bedspread and looking like she's retaining water. This EXTREME CLOSEUP was taken by Daddy. Who then also went to WalMarche and printed a bazillion of this shot to send out in our Christmas cards. We finally get our baby girl, and we send out a photo that looks like an infant version of Scary Celebrity Mugshots.

"That's not my drool on that teething ring, Officer, and you can't prove a thing!"






Can I tell you how much I am loving the pink, people? Nine and a half looooong years of primary colors were my dues and now, my second baby's room looks like a case of Pepto exploded in it. But I don't care. She will be a girly girl and dress like a girly girl and have girly girl stuff..until she's old enough to tell me different. And even then, I may not care, because hello? Stretch marks. She owes me.












How could I not love those faces?






Everyone in my family loves a good book.















This post was so lame that it bored even me, Mom. Get your snark on and quit making the nice Internet people suffer. Love, Ali

9 Comments:

Blogger Jo*Marie said...

Aww Missie, your kiddos are soo cute! heh absolutely love the captions.

~Jo

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*grin* My first just turned one on the 13th, and I am still in awe of how doggone cute these little girls can be.

I was the opposite though--I was bound and determined my girl wouldn't wear pink, pink and more pink. I bought green, I bought yellow, I bought red. Little Jillian shows up and sure enough, she looks ghastly in green and yellow, and not much better in red. Her best colors? Pink and purple.

And...what was I saying? See, you bring up your baby and I bring up mine and the next thing I know, gushhhh. Overflow from besotted Mama. But I must admit, you do have a cutie and a half. A happy belated Congrats to you and your family.

Oh yeah, that's what I was saying: Diaper brain is always an acceptable excuse for anything, including not blogging enough.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Missie...color me mushy.
Beautiful babe.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

That last pic? Where she's asleep? Is when Missie's heart really sings "Hallelujah!"

But that shot of Z-man reading to his little sister- just made me go mushy gushy awwwwwwwww.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both your chilluns are darlings. :)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's precious! My "baby" turned SIX today. *sob* Give her lots of cuddles. They grow up so darn fast :((((

8:12 PM  
Blogger Camy Tang said...

LOL! I bow before Your Snarkiness, even if you are sleep-deprived and drool-covered. Oh and cute kids, too. ;)
Camy

10:41 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Thanks for the nice compliments on my spawn, people. They are cute and we really like them most of the time. ;)

Ali just started doing the big rolling belly laughs. Last night, Zack was doing some kind of wild ISufferFromSpasms dance and she was just howling. Then she just...quits. He tried doing the same thing, and she just stared at him like "What are you, nuts?" She has this way of looking at you like you are a serious dork and she can't figure out how she got stuck in this family.

I love being a mom.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Terry,
Al couldn't be any worse than what I have been calling her lately, which is "NuNuBean". Don't even ask.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home