Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Mine! No, mine! No, mine!

Question for all of you with children- how do you find time to write during the summer? Book or blog, doesn't seem to matter; we're all fighting for computer time. I got very spoiled on my days off, able to write for hours at a stretch. Now I can only do that at midnight- and I have to work early the next day so nothing I come up with is...scintillating, you might say.

I can tune them out pretty well during the day if I'm on and they're doing other things, but having to limit myself time wise is a D-R-A-G. What about you? Is anyone else fighting for your keyboard? I can't afford another computer right now, so I'm considering an alphie. If anybody reading has one, tell me how it works!

And I know some smartie is going to tell me to get a pen and paper. Actually, I appreciate the suggestion, but I have a weird form of carpal tunnel. Typing gave it to me. I can type for hours and feel no effects, but if I write with a pen for more than a few minutes or sew on a button my fingers go numb.

I think I'm going to tell my beloved rugrats that after 5 o'clock, the computer is mine. Because if I get a book sold, I just might be able to take them on vacation. The more books sold, the better the trip. Computer time or SeaWorld? Computer or Disneyland? Computer or Europe? Mmmm...that might just work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missie said...

How about, "If you don't back away from the computer now, I will break your fingers?" Just kidding. Not really. Yeah, I am. No, I'm not. Okay, goodbye.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Rebecca, I like the way you think. Of course, our kids may go on Oprah in fifteen years.

"My mom never let us on HER computer."

"I know I have dogs and not kids, but that's just crazy, y'all!"

Missie's kids will be selling their memoirs. :P

4:06 PM  
Blogger Stacia said...

I love my Alphasmart. I have the Dana. It's incredibly easy--just type and save, then tranfer it to the computer using an ISP port (it even comes with a cord.) Watching it all type itself out on the computer is fun, and the Dana is extremely portable and durable. The only problem with it is the eyboard is smaller than my laptop, so my typing isn't as good. Minor issue.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home