Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

New Mexico Musings and Cute Guy Saturday

It was one fantastic trip, lemme tell ya. My parents divorced when I was six and we moved to Oklahoma, so I don't really remember that much about New Mexico. My brother was 12, though, and he and I had a lot of fun driving around filling in the gaps of my early childhood. "We lived right over there," and "Uncle Lloyd and Aunt Zilah lived over there," and "Mom and Dad used to go to that club," and "We've been there! We saw Glen Campbell in that arena!"

Just want to take a moment to let y'all know that in the late sixties, before the Rhinestone Cowboy stuff, Glen was totally cool, so shut up.

These pictures are from my cell phone, so they're small, but I think you'll get the idea. Imagine, you guys. The mountains you're looking at, the Sandias, used to be my backyard! You mountain-state-living people may not be impressed, but I'm a prairie girl. That tram was scary.



Bye, Mom. That was your mountain, and I'm glad you're in the air up there now. I love you.


And now, just because I want to, and Mom would have joined me, Christian Bale.

~Gasp~
*Swoon*
THUD.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures!!

Oh, and the scenery was nice, too. :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger quirkychild said...

Glad that you had a good time in New Mexico! Those mountains are something impressive.

Christian Bale...*sigh*. My mother wants me to marry a Christian version of Bruce Wayne. I told her I would most happily oblige if she can produce him! That dark hair and piercing dark eyes...if they ever wanted to remake P&P again...

5:52 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

You did good, honey. Your mom would be happy that you put her in a place she loved so much and had good memories of.

And Christian Bale? Yum-O.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Thanks for your sacrifice, B.B. I had to do some resisting myself.

A Christian Bruce Wayne, eh? Suffer for the cause, quirky, suffer for the cause.

Thanks, Missie.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Missie said...

Why didn't poor Katie Holmes hook up with him and have his baby instead of Major Tom? Why, Katie, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

Hilarious take on the titles...
and cute guys. The perfect blog read.

Alyssa

3:41 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

Oops...evidently cute guy (singular)... He looks so different in the pictures. Obviously I'm not familiar enough with him... ;)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Missie said...

Jessica just told me that this guy played in American Psycho as a...a...a...psycho killer guy? How can that be? He is so cute and adorable and full of adorable cuteness? Christian, you have disappointed me. You are going to have to work to gain back my trust. Now go rescue Katie from Tom Cruise, and we'll just forget you were in a slasher movie.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home