Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Monday, February 26, 2007

EnnWhySee, Baby!

You guys...I am so excited I can hardly stand it.






Guess where I will be one week from today?






Yeah, baby. The Biiiiiig Apple. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, right there!




My boss and I are heading to a conference that will take place at none other than the Waldorf-Astoria and we are staying not far from there. I am so jazzed, people. I never thought I would ever get to visit NYC, because my husband? Would rather have dental work with no anesthetic than go there.













I arrive on Saturday, and if all goes well with flights and weather, then my boss will be taking me to dinner in Little Italy Saturday night. He has traveled there many times and has promised to take me around to see the sights, such as the World Trade Center, Rockefeller Center, and the Empire State Building.











Here's where I need your help...how many of you have been to NYC? Do you have any tips for me, a lowly hick from the West who ain't never been to the big city before? Is there something I should definitely see, or something I shouldn't waste my money on? I love walking around the cities I visit, and if my boss poops out on me, then I will be on my own on Sunday morning. I don't want to waste a minute of my time there, so is it safe for me to head out on my own in Manhattan on a Sunday morning to get some coffee and see what I can see or not?










Who cares about conquering the Big Apple? I just conquered my big brother!










Anybody with any info to share, please let me know. My husband just said, and I quote, "I hope you don't think you're walking around at night by yourself there!" Yeah, honey. That's exactly what I plan to do. You know me so well.




Anywaaaay, if you have any suggestions, tips, or ideas, please let me know.



Look, Daddy!
Mommy's on the news getting arrested in New York City! They said something about her walking around at night by herself?


(sidenote from Mommy: I was framed, Itell ya, framed!)

(another sidenote from Mommy: I hate hate hate this new Google Blogger marriage that has made posting to the blog even more time consuming and frustrating. Haaaaate with the heat of a thousand suns, hate.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

You are SO lucky! I've never been, to my DH's horror. He thinks it's anti-American. But has he taken me? No!

Have a blast, take lots of pictures, and please share! Please tell us all about it, so we can live vicariously!

8:42 PM  
Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

I haven't been since I was 14. I really liked going up in the Empire State Building and checking out the view. Make sure your boss gives you the window seat--if it's decent weather you might get a fine air view of the city, Statue of Liberty, etc... Oh, and if you land at LaGuardia... just trust that your pilot knows what he's doing and won't plop you in the water!

A good thing to do, if you have time--go to your local library or bookstore and pick up a "Top 10" travel guide for the area. I picked up one for Chicago when we went in Nov. and it had not only the top 10 museums, sights, etc... but it also did top 10 lists of each neighborhood, and had fold-out maps of each 'hood. Very useful little resource that fit in my purse!

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, have fun! I evaluated the Waldorf a few years back (hotel mystery shopper) and it is SO nice. You will be treated like a Queen.

Take a taxi everywhere and go to Rockefeller Center. Fun, fun!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Wylie Kinson said...

New York is FABULOUS!!!!! Doesn't matter where you go, you'll recognize everything from movies, television, etc...
South Street Seaport, I seem to remember, is a good walking around area if you're looking to soak in some atmosphere.
And if you have the chance, go see a show. Sometimes you don't need advance tickets -- almost everything I saw (and I saw a lot!) was done by standing in the cancellation line, and I got EXCELLENT seats every time.

Have a BLAST!!!

btw - the WTC site is very depressing. I didn't think it would knock me off my socks like it did, but those horrible images replayed in my head. Don't mean to be a downer, but unless you really have the need to connect, I'd avoid the emotional blow and concentrate on the 'alive' parts of the city.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Michelle, how did you get to be a mystery shopper for hotels? I wanna do that!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

You REALLY should try to see Wicked. Stand-by. So worth it. Walking around is not scary, unless it's after dark, then it might be worth it to take a taxi. We loved Central Park, and the Empire state building.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Hee, love these pictures.
Sorry, never got further south than Bawston, but...walk softly and carry...

4:31 AM  
Blogger Stacia said...

I've never been either, but I would love to go. Have a great time!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Sparks Home Theater said...

Thhanks for a great read

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home