Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blogger Apologizes For Comments


After Snarkling Clean blogger Robyn was soundly criticized for referring to crested penguins as “spastic” and “straw-haired,” she met with the chairman of NAPP. She had this to say: “I’m sorry if any penguins were insulted by my bad joke. I have since learned that dancing is pretty well impossible for penguins, which is why their movements seemed kind of strange in the movie. And the little hair things over their ears are actually feathers, not hair, and quite soft.”

The NAPP chairman said his council has not yet decided whether or not they will accept Robyn’s apology. “She has gained a certain understanding but she’s not there yet. We will have to discuss it further.” He went on to say that younger penguins were permanently scarred by the remarks, which will surely limit their self-esteem when performing in the new penguin movie, “Surf’s Up!” set to release soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacia said...

Shame on you! I hope the wise and always kind penguins of the NAPP teach you a lesson.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

Um, this is a joke right? Have I been too influenced by the Politically Correct Police to see that this may be a gag?
Help me here. Tell me there really isn't some organization out there that takes penguin comments to heart. Please. Please.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I'm sorry, Jennifer. On the advice of my attorneys, I can't comment.

*gag*

8:27 AM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Ha.
I get it. Finally.
You wicked woman.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home