Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Vapor Plugs and Cute Guy Tuesday

Sinus infections suck. Especially when you live in the South and the first official day of spring is COLDER THAN JANUARY WAS, THANK YOU. Last night I had to stuff towels around my bedroom window; the weatherstripping had been totally adequate all winter but last night?

Cold. Greenland cold. Nanook couldn't take this kind of cold.

But I'd had my Zithromax, my wonderful faithful Zithromax. A one-dose liquid antibiotic that had a nasty aftertaste but I forgave it. My nostrils, they are not plugged. My face, it does not hurt. My head does not feel as if it is full of wet, molding cotton. I love my Zithromax. I might even go so far as to have its baby, that's how much I love it. And furthering the passage clearing joy was these little tablets you put on the floor of your shower. As it melts, it releases soothing vapors as you bask in ecstasy in the menthol-scented steam. (Just don't step on the little sucker- you'll slip and barely catch yourself before tugging the shower curtain off the rod. Not that I did that. I'm just guessing.) And in my bedroom, even though it was cold, I had a little plug in the electrical socket that sent even more mentholatum wafting through the air keep my sinuses doing the happy dance.

Of course my kids were choking and my husband complained that it smelled like we were living inside a cough drop, but I didn't care. I could breathe.

And to celebrate, I'm indulging my Adolescent Crushes On Actors Gene. From Charmed and General Hospital, Ted King.


















I'm so glad I can breathe. Now I can sigh myself breathless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Glad you're feeling better. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Gabriele Campbell said...

Oh, that guy is yummy. I could cast him as Roman officer in one of my books.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jo*Marie said...

Glad you're feeling better, Robyn! :)

I'll remember that tip about the shower thing..yes siree.

~Jo, officially a klutz.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

I am so darn sick so I know what you mean about fantasizing about vapor plugs, fizzies and the like. I feel like I am talking while holding my nose. :(

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home