Snarkling Clean

Snarkling Clean- because you don't have to cuss to make fun of stuff. Two dedicated readers discuss romance novels- from what made us weep with joy to what made us want to poke pencils through our eyeballs.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

All Good Things...

…and you know the rest. Two years ago Missie and I decided to start this little snarkfest, but neither of us really realized what we were getting into. We have so enjoyed our experience; getting to know you, each other, and ourselves. But kids and work and generally, life, have intruded to a large degree, and it is becoming tougher to keep up. It is quite possibly because of the narrow focus of this particular blog. Kind of like the friend who tells her new acquaintances how funny you are, and when you meet them she says, “Go on! Be funny!”

Don’t get me wrong. We’ll always love romance, we’ll always dish on good books and bad covers. We’ll always be snarky.

And we won’t leave the blogging world completely. We’ll still visit all your blogs and leave witty, pithy comments that will annoy you greatly because we’ve shown you up, and we may have other blogs in the future.

From Missie: Once again, words fail me. I cannot possibly tell you how much you have all meant to me, so I won't really try. Thank you for stopping by here, reading our sometimes funny, sometimes nonsensical posts, and for allowing me to flood the Net with pictures of my children. You are the sweetest, prettiest, funniest, bestest group of blogfriends that any blogstress has ever had. (That is our totally unbiased opinion, so you can take that to the bank.)

We love keeping up with your lives, so we will be stopping by your blogs as time permits. Robyn has such talent and wit that I am sure we are not hearing the last from her in the Blog world. I will be starting another blog soon (and by soon, I mean sometime before my children put me in the nursing home) that deals with life, motherhood, and weight loss, not neccessarily in that order. We will post the addresses for our new digs here whenever we finally find a place to land.

We love you and will miss you. And the next time you see a really bad cover, think of us...for we will be thinking of you. And mutant babies in leopard suits.

From me: I have been continually amazed at how vibrant, intelligent, interesting, touching, and funny the online world really is. I honestly feel I have friends all over the globe, and wonder if my non-U.S. buddies know what wonderful ambassadors you are. World peace would so much easier if we could all have a laugh over John DeSalvo’s radioactive pants, yo?

You have given me laughter, support, salved my ego and challenged my thinking. You gave me your rapt attention while I was randomly musing, and your love while I was grieving. Thank you. Thank you so much.

We’ll leave this up so you can come by and view the covers in the archives if you need a laugh. For now, though, especially if you’ve never commented, (and we know you’ve lurked, even I don’t visit enough to warrant so many hits) come on in, have a caramel macchiato and a brownie and say goodbye!

Later, dudes!

12 Comments:

Blogger Stacia said...

Oh. My. GOD.

Another one. Sheeit.


Okay, yeah, I'm glad you guys are happy, but this "Bye bye to the blogosphere" stuff is getting pretty hard to take. Seriously.

You better still come visit me!

*snatches brownie, shoves in mouth. Sits on floor and glowers.*

2:21 AM  
Blogger StarvingWriteNow said...

Mmmffhh, mgghefff hrrmmff!!

(swallows, takes a shot of macchiato madness, grabs a kleenex)

Oh, I'll miss you guys! You're such fun! I'll try to keep the goodness flowing over at "Starving"--maybe even throw in a romance cover now and then, in honor of you two Snarkstresses.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn goodbye!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Good bye, ladies, and I look forward to your new endeavors...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

~sniff~
~sob~
~WAHHH!~

Don't worry, we'll still be around to pester you. DQ, how could I leave you? I'm your #1 squeeing fangirl!

Beth, I leave, and heave, a sigh and say goodbye...

Thank you, mya!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear it! I enjoyed your humor. But, I understand how much time blogging takes and I wish you both the very best of luck with your writing and your families! Stay in touch!

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This totally bums me out. What am I going to do without the snark? *sniffle, sniffle*

I understand though, about the real world taking over. Happens to the best of us.

Good luck & come visit some time. :) I'll miss you!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Bernita said...

Dammitalltohell!
I have loved this blog.

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! Nononononono! Once again, here you go putting your needs ahead of mine.....

If you guys can't continue this blog, could you at least move to my neighborhood?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Michelle, congrats on your second book coming out! Hopefully I'll have a first sometime soon.

Kaitlin, I think of you whenever I look at my calendar!

Bernita, your blog is like crack. I'll still see you.

Becki, we're selfish witches. Haven't you figured that out?

3:20 PM  
Blogger Scary Monster said...

Me figgers me timing be waaaaay off. Me just got to the party and things are winding down. Oh, well there always be archives to check out. Good luck, great fortune and Be Stompy!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

NOT ANOTHER one!!!!!!!!! *uses profanity that isn't appropriate for the Snarkling Clean crowd*
I will miss you guys. I've loved the cover snark. The stalking of Robin when she was in legal trouble, the pics of the little snarklings and best of all the comments....what will I do now?
Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Scary Monster, you be a hoot. I'll still visit yer house.

Jennifer, it wasn't easy to let Bloglandia witness my penguin issues. I need time off to heal, woman!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home